Thursday, January 7, 2010

What kind of foundation and concealer should I buy?

My face is oily and I also have pimple scars to worry about. And I don't understand what ';Light to Medium coverage'; means. Help please. Thanks. ^___^What kind of foundation and concealer should I buy?
Hi, I'm a makeup artist at Sephora and would be happy to address your concern. I use Laura Mercier. She is known for her ';flawless face'; line. There are 4 simple steps to achieve this look.





Step 1: Use Foundation Primer to smooth and prep the skin.





Step 2: Apply foundation. Choose the formula you like based on your skin type and the coverage that you want. To cover imperfections, I recommend a liquid foundation because it covers more. I would only wear this when I have many blemishes. On a daily basis I would wear a powder foundation.





Step 3: Apply concealer. Again, choose the formula you like based on your skin type and the coverage that you want.





Step 4: Use Loose Setting Powder. This will make the makeup last longer and adds a nice glow to your face.





Here's a link:





http://sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarch鈥?/a>





The line is pricey, but the results are worth it. If you feel this is too costly for you, try Bare Escentuals. A lot of my girlfriends use it, and they all love it! They have a Starter Kit that would be perfect for you to try. It is a great value too.





Here's a link:





http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>





They have it in different colors too.





Light to medium coverage means the color is light or medium. If you want maximum coverage, look for darker powders but not too dark. You want to look as natural as possible.





I know you only wanted suggestions for foundation and concealer, but being so satisfied with my use of Laura Mercier and her products, I had to share my product knowledge with you so you can at least know about it. It would be wonderful if you tried it! =)





I hope this helped! Feel free to come in for a free consultation. Also, don't be afraid to ask for samples, everyone does. Good luck! =)What kind of foundation and concealer should I buy?
I have oily skin, blemishes and scars.





Bare minerals covers really well. I recommend it.





Light coverage means it proabbly evens out your skint one, but wouldnt cover up any scars and whatnot.





Medium coverage would covers scars and whatnot I would assume





Full coverage hides just about everything, but looks cakey, and then can also make things noticable cause it's so globby.





If it says medium to light, it's probably a good choice.
well i have oily skin to and i don't now how to stop the shine i use L'oreal infallible foundation but i heard that mary kay and mac are good but quite expensive


light to medium means that you can get your foundation to look light like you have nothing on or to a medium look it will not have a heavy courage it just means the type of coverage the foundation can give you hope you stop your shine i forgot to mention you could get blotting papers quite cheap maybe in summer you could use a tinted mostrizer and concelar and about those pimple scars i would recommed sudocrem which is good to get rid of scars


good luck
foundation:


http://www.walgreens.com/store/pickcolor鈥?/a>





concealer:


http://www.walgreens.com/store/pickcolor鈥?/a>
use neutrogena healthy skin enhancer ,, i have really oily skin and it helps alot!!


im kinda tan and i use number 40...


if ur a little paler, try munber 35?
  • kellybluebookvalue.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment