Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is the best foundation/concealer?

I have some scars from acne, pretty huge pores, oily face, and pretty big eyebags when i wake up.What is the best foundation/concealer?
Me too. I use Clinique Superfit foundation first (it's oil-free, maximum coverage and doesn't budge if you get hot), then my concealer is either Clinique or Lancome (depends how much money I've got). I always apply foundation before concealer. Then I use Christian Dior powder as it's really light and won't clog up. Lastly, Touche Eclat around the eye area to cover up bags.





All the rest of my make up is pretty cheap stuff like Max Factor, but as my skin really bothers me, I feel for me, spending more on giving me confidence with my skin is worth it 100%. Anything that can make the difference in feeling like a spotty hideous mess and not wanting to leave the house or feeling good and not worrying about my face is almost magical in my book!





I'm 32 and it took me years of trying and testing to find exactly what does the job for me.





Acne sucks.What is the best foundation/concealer?
The Body Shop's jumbo pencil concealer work well on my skin. The ones made by MAC and Clinique are okay too as they come in many different shades.
MAC make-up is good but i wouldnt recommend their foundation as it doesn last comes off after an hour or so, and everyone else i know who also uses MAC agrees they dont use the foundation
Oh my gosh, you just described my face, no joke. Try MAC... they sell pretty good make-up products. I use their Studio Fix foundation and their Blot Powder (to help reduce the oil for my extremely oily face).
Tart make up! Check it out! I love, love, love it! :)





www.Beauty.com/tarte
Derma blend is made for scars etc.
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer and brush are great cover ups and stay on. For foundation? Jane Iredale or Make-up forever
Oh, I just got this great stuff last Saturday from Macy's. I never use foundation but this is great. I have large pores and rosacea. It is Prescriptives brand (macy's has a counter) and you can get a color print, so they match your skin color to the foundation.. It is Prescriptive's Virtually Fresh. I love it.
I would recommend Maybelline New Yorks Pure.Makeup. i use it, its not a heavy foundation!! its shine free and had 50% water instead of pore-clogging oils that can cause breakouts. i love this stuff!!





Go to this page for more info on it..


http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Face/Foundation/pure-makeup.htm
i have exactly same problem with you...


i always breakingout, and my skin really oily... then start since i use mineral makeup from jane iradale, it's clearing....





coz before i tried lots of brand like MAC ( dun use it, make breakout worst), chanel, giorgio armani, laura mercier (this one has good coverage), perscriptive (good as well), stila, NARS, bobbi brown, etc...





but the one that i really love is jane iradale mineral makeup....


i think you can try bare mineral, bee luscious, sheer cover, glomineral,etc...


i heard they really good too....(but i never try them)


mineral makeup wont block pores... save for blemishes skin... and has good coverage...

No comments:

Post a Comment